Saturday - March 2, 2013
Yes it was quick, just 4 hours from Sto. Tomas to Agila Base! Well, that's the good thing in solo hiking, you'll be able to maximize your speed.
|When I alighted the bus in front of Sto. Tomas Market, I noticed that Mt. Makiling was clearly visible. |
Time: 07:18 AM
|I headed straight to Brgy. San Bartolome, registered and paid a fee of P20 then started my trek.|
Time: 07:30 AM
|The early parts of the trail was a bit overgrown (halatang hindi nadaanan ng matagal), nevertheless, it was still manageable. After about 30 minutes, I was already at the plantation area.|
Time: 08:05 AM
|I continued walking until I reached the part where Sipit and Palanggana trail converges.|
Time: 08:28 AM
|after almost an hour, I arrived at Melkas Campsite|
Time: 09:22 AM
|and it only took me 5 minutes to reach Haring Bato from the Melkas Campsite|
Time: 09:28 AM
|while assaulting Peak 3 via the roped segments, I spotted Mt. Banahaw|
Time: 09:43 AM
|I did not stop at Peak 3, upon reaching it I headed straight to Wild Boar trail. Somewhere there, I saw Peak 2 and Mt. Banahaw. It was wonderful because I know it's a very rare occurrence.|
Time: 10:18 AM
|It was so hot when I reached Peak 2, staying there for a long time would turn me into a "tuyo", so I carried on to UPLB|
Time: 10:35 AM
|Just an hour later, I was already at the Agila Base|
Time: 11:30 AM
|I ran out of water during the traverse (I brought only 350ml H2O). Thank goodness there's a buko station at nursery.|
Time: 12:09 PM
|I ran the remaining 7 stations from the nursery and reached Station 1 after about 25 minutes|
Time: 12:35 PM
My 5th Makiling Traverse (MakTrav) from Sto. Tomas to UPLB
I've been to Mt. Makiling a number of times, five times to be exact, but still the beautiful mountain has not failed to amaze me, as if every climb was my first.
|went back because I miss it badly|
• I started at 7:30 AM, reached Agila Base at 11:30 AM, and finished at 12:35 PM (4 hours trek to Agila Base, 5 hours up to Station 1). It was my quickest MakTrav yet.
• I did not encounter a single limatik. Praise the weather I had.
• The confusing Melkas pink ribbons weren't there anymore.
• For the first time, I signed out at Station 1. Laging past 2 PM na kasi ako nakakarating dati sa Station 1kaya wala nang tao.
• 350 ml liquid and a Snicker Bar served me well in this MakTrav.
• Roughly, P250.00 was spent on this quick hike.
• Still haven't tried the Sipit Trail or a reverse traverse (UPLB-Sto.Tomas) on Makiling, really want to try it in the future.
|I spotted these mountains on the trails of Mt. Makiling|
Check out also my previous MakTravs:
• First time in MakTrav
• 3rd MakTrav
• Bloody MakTrav