It was my third time to do Mt. Makiling Traverse (my first and second time here happened consecutively in the first and second Saturdays of March 2012). I took the Palanggana Trail via Brgy. San Bartolome jump-off on all of my previous climbs, so syempre dito ko rin dinala ang aking mga gina-guide.
I already wrote a detailed MakTrav post and I don't want to write the same details all over again. So basically, I will just post here a list of some new things I encountered on my 3rd MakTrav.
June 12, 2012, Freedom Climb 2012
• MakTrav as our Freedom Climb 2012. FC-FC-han kami sa Mt. Makiling
• We got lost on the trail for like 5 minutes. I failed to notice the very obvious trail sign leading to the grassy view deck. lesson: wag palaging naka-yuko sa dinadaanang trail.
• VERY IMPORTANT (they weren't there 2 months ago) : I was surprised that the trail near the Melkas Campsite was somewhat ruined by someone or a group. Many crisscrossing trails (leading to nowhere) were newly created over the original trail, and a lot of pink ribbon trail signs (more than 50 I think) were scattered all over. People who are not familiar with Makiling's trail will surely get lost in that area.
|ignore these annoying pink ribbons, it will surely lead you to wilderness.|
|to get out of misery, look for this original blue trail sign or the yellow Makiling Quest trail sign.|
• For the record, I removed 102 limatiks from my body. My worst limatik encounter so far.
|it's rainy season, so talagang may festival ang mga limatik|
• Mt. Makiling's shower station (station 1) is still the best liguan ever. warm bath ftw!
• We again had a dinner at Sulyaw, I consumed 3 glasses of unli Iced tea.
|congrats to these six for completing their first MakTrav.|