The light house of Burgos has an octagonal tower that is 20 meters (66 ft) tall and attached to a brick single-story keeper's house. Its construction was overseen by engineers Magin Pers y Pers (the same guy who worked on several lighthouses in Luzon) and Guillermo Brockman until it was completed in 1892. Since then, the light station has been fully operational for years until it was reduced to a dilapidated state over time. It was only in 2003 that the old structure was refurbished for continuous maritime service and for tourism as well.
|Ongoing construction of Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. Photo source.|
|Cape Bojeador Lighthouse is located on top of a hill called Vigia de Nagparitan in Burgos, Ilocos Norte. Photo Source.|
|We easily accessed the old lighthouse via a steep uphill road branching out from the highway, then from the parking area, a stairway leads up to the place.|
Unlike Cape Engaño Lighthouse in Palaui Island, which is now in total ruins, this one is very well preserved, thanks to efforts by the local government and some concerned individuals. It has been after all promoted as a local tourist attraction.
|view of the lighthouse and the keeper's house from the courtyard|
|The purpose of the keeper's house is of course to house the keeper of the light house. Currently, the whole place is empty, all doors are kept locked, but back then, a keeper used to live here to light up the tower every night.|
|The tower, with a new set of light, still functions up to this date, automatically. No more keeper's duty. But of course, it is kept locked. Bawal umakyat sa taas.|
Faro de Rio de Pasig | Faro de Punta Capones | Faro de Isla Corregidor | Faro de Punta de Malabrigo | Faro de Cabo Engaño | Faro de Cabo Bojeador